In late March, the Vietnam’s Immigration Department has also facilitated procedures for extension of temporary residence for foreigners who are unable to leave the country due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Accordingly the guidelines from the Immigration Derpartment of Vietnam, foreigners who entered Vietnam with a visa waiver or tourist visa (including electronic visas) and who have their resident permits expired but do not have any sponsoring entity and cannot leave the country due to the Covid-19 reason may seek their embassies or consulate general sponsorship to extend the visa for 30 days while awaiting departure. Visitors should download form NẠ5 to fill, sign and get it stamped by the embassy or consulate for your sponsorship and submit the visa extension application at the Vietnam Immigration Department. The policy remains effective until April 30.
Where to submit your visa extension application by yourself ?
Please find below for the address and map of the Vietnam Immigration offices where you should submit for your visa extension.
Immigration office in Hanoi (Head Office):
- Address : 44-46, Tran Phu Street, Ba Dinh Ward, Hanoi City
- Tel: 0438257941
- Fax: 0438243287, 0438243288
- Hotline (Vietnamese): 0438260922
- Hotline (English) : 0438264026
- Street directions: https://bit.ly/2Vbt8ae
Immigration office in Da Nang city (Representative office)
- Address : 7 Tran Quy Cap Street, Hai Chau District, Da Nang city.
- Tel : 02363822381
- Fax: 02363826670
- Hotline (Vietnamese) : 0694260354
- Hotline (English) : 0694260349
- Street directions: https://bit.ly/3bYKBth
Immigration office in Ho Chi Minh city (Representative office):
- Address : 333-335-337 Nguyen Trai Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh city
- Tel: 0839202300
- Hotline (Vietnamese) : 0839201701
- Hotline (English): 039200365
- Street directions: https://bit.ly/34sK8Nu
- – Morning: 08h00 – 11h30 (Monday to Friday)
- – Afternoon: 13h30 – 16h00 (Monday to Friday)
- – And Saturday Morning: 08h00 – 11h30
- *** The Immigration Office closes on Saturday afternoon, Sunday & Public holidays.
[Latest Update] Full list of Immigration Offices in Vietnam (with address, phone, fax, website & map)
Please note that During the Covid 19, Health declaration is required to process for your visa extension application. You can declare online here:https://tokhaiyte.vn/
Doucument required for your visa extension as listed below :
- Your orginal passport
- Form NA5 (with sponsoring by your embassy or consulate)
- Health declaration (You can declare online here:https://tokhaiyte.vn/)
- Temporary residence declaration (ask your hotel or host If you don’t know it)
Short update on 16 Apr 2020: We just receive “NOTICE FOR SUSPENSION OF IMMIGRATION PROCEDURE” saying that : Please be advised that Vietnam Immigration Department has been suspending immigration procedure for Vietnamese, foreign agencies, organizations and individuals from 15th to 22nd April, 2020 (except for the emergency cases). Official souce : click here
Vietnamese visa holders who entered Vietnam for business, visiting relatives or other purposes, should contact your sponsors (companies, agencies, organizations or individuals) according to the Law on Entry, Exit, Transit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam for residence extension.
Persons who have exceeded their valid temporary residence period for less than 10 days due to situations of force majeure (with documented evidence) may be considered for exemptions from administrative sanctions.
Do you want to get your visa extended hassle-free through our company ?
If you need any useful information about Vietnam visa extension or renewal, please take a photo of your current visa then send to us to check following information:
- Type of your current visa (tourist or business | single or multiple entry | place of issuance ….)
- Immigration stamped to know which port you entered Vietnam.
- Latest date of entry to know how long you have been in Vietnam with the current visa
How long would you like to stay more in Vietnam ?